Big Ten game

Did anyone see the great Indiana-Michigan St. game this afternoon? There
were three guards who will be first round picks. MSU's Morris Peterson,
Mateen Cleaves, and IU's A.J. Guyton.

I think Guyton is the best shooter in the college game and also a great
scorer (34 points and hit a tough 3 to send the game into overtime). He
will play the point in the NBA (he started at the point for IU as a
freshman). I would say he has the most potential of any of the point guard
prospects.

Cleaves is a great leader and heady player. His teams always have great
chemistry and he is a savvy playmaker. He is not unbelievably athletic or
a great shooter, but he is adequate in those areas. I'd say he is #1 as
far as playmaking skills go. When they say being a coach on the court
that's what this guy is.

I would be happy if we drafted either of those guys, but I like Guyton
better because he is an unbelievable shooter, and having a guy like that
would extend the defense and make it easier for guys like Pierce, Griffin,
and Antoine to slash to the basket. We are missing a guy like that, and I
think Guyton would be great for our team. He is needed to score a lot for
IU to win, but he also has the smarts and ballhandling ability to play the
point well as he did when he first came to IU.

Any thoughts on these guys? I think we can address our need for a backup
point guard in the draft.

If we could sign Derek Anderson in the offseason and draft Guyton or
Cleaves we will have improved our backcourt by leaps and bounds.