Re: Jackie McNugget

> She reports in this week's SI that the C's were close to a deal to send
> Antoine to Indiana. The deal supposedly fell apart when Boston tried to
> insist the Pacers take our cap crap, eg Pervis and Minor. No Indiana
> players were mentioned. I remember at the beginning of the season there
> was talk of trading him for Jalen Rose & Dale Davis, which at the time I
> thought was a bad deal. I doubt that was the offer this time, though I
> have heard the Pacers are continuing to shop Rose.

Peter,

Sounds questionable to me. Why would Indiana care about Pervis' contract
for instance, which expires at the end of the year? It sounds like another
recycled rumor from the offseason, to try to justify her ridiculous
assertion that the Celtics were trying to "give Walker away". She doesn't
even have an idea who Antoine is supposed to be traded for.

Alex