What the Celtics need to do

I've been reading all your discussions and also thinking a lot about the
team when I am watching the games.

My conclusion is that the Celtics should fire Rick Pitino.  He is not the
correct kind of coach for the group of players
That we have; and he is not the correct kind of coach for the "celtic
franchise".  We are talking a very important tradition
Of excellence and championship quality team here, and Pitino does not have
the style of coaching to address that factor.

For example, the Celtics do not play according to the SCORE in the game.  I
have seen a team, take a foul that they
Had to give, just to be able to get an additional possession before the end
of the first half, AND an opportunity
To be  ahead at the half.  Now, at first this seems unimportant, but it is
just that kind of consciousness of the SCORE
In the game, that a championship and playoff contending team needs.

So many times the Celtics lose close games, against BETTER teams, SIMPLY
because they do not use
STRATEGY based on the actual current score in the game.  Obviously Pitino
does NOT work this factor into his
Coaching, or EVEN into his time outs.

You will all notice that our team, as many "scrubs" as you may say we have,
has, nevertheless, much much
Talent; and more importantly, reserve talent, and heart.  The proof is how
the Celtics get themselves up for playing
Against the best teams.  Eric Williams played well the other night.  Other
times he is almost useless.  Battie is
Off his game, yet he practices and has moves he has no confidence to make.

You can NOT have a professional NBA basketball team, be playoff contenders,
with a coach who CONSTANTLY
Belittles the players DURING the ENTIRE game, by yelling at them like
CHILDREN, from the sidelines, from which
You can hear him SCREAMING, and see him never sitting his butt down.

How do you expect that looks, to other teams who see that?  We are a
laughing STOCK... the CELTIC pride is
NOT being considered here.  This fact is why the idea of Bird taking over
ownership is so appealing.

The problem is NOT the players.  We don't need to trade our BEST to get more
scrubs.  All our players (even Pervis)
Have something, and all have the "heart" and "celtic pride" that are most
important.  We must get rid of Rick Pitino. He is just
Not the right kind of coach for this team.

I would rather see this team coached like the famouse Celtics should be,
with the very same win and loss record, than to see
RP anymore, showing our MEN to be little boys who need to be told what to do
every damn second of a game.  That is no
Wonder that Battie is scared to make his moves.

Please... please get rid of Pitino!

LadyNada

winmail.dat