Re: Bird not buying Celtics

I still wouldn't rule it out entirely, could just be posturing on Gaston's
part. It's up to the people and media in Boston to get the message to
Gaston. Maybe empty seats would change his way of thinking.

Boston is not the market it used to be during and prior to the Bird era.
NY, LA, Seattle and throw in a few others have grown past Boston Mass.,just
witness the tv exposure. What happens in Boston these days, the Boston
Marathon? Their baseball and hockey teams can't produce a winner, just
teases. It's been a long time and people forget. It's not about tradition
anymore. Celt fans talk about it because it's all we have. It's about
winning and money. America loves winners and has no sympathy for losers. In
short, the Boston Celtics have had in my opinion ample time to develop a
decent team. Jesus, I don't have to win a Championship, just let us make
the playoffs. I don't think the 8th spot out of 15 teams is asking too much.