Re: Bird not buying Celtics

>From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>

>Oh well, it was worth the rush. I must admit I'm disappointed.

Dan, you were right on with your earlier post.  Bird's comments were all
about generating public opinion for a sale that the owner wouldn't otherwise
do.  I didn't read that article that was posted about it, but I saw Bird
interviewed on TV.  He was saying things like, "The Celtics aren't for sale,
and the Pacers aren't for sale, so I'm going to Florida".  I think he'd like
to own either club.  We lost him once, it would be a shame to lose him
again.

Celtics are Down 17 - 6. Uuugh.  I'm going to bed.

Jim