Re: post mortem quotes

Thomas Murphy wrote:

(snip)

> For example: am I alone in wondering why Pierce began the second half on the
> bench? Well, here's the answer:
>
> >>Paul Pierce spent the first 5:38 of the third quarter on the bench with
> three fouls. He did get back into the game, but he never got back into the
> flow. And he wasn't alone among those wearing green.<< [same article]

You are not alone. When Mike Gorman reported that Pierce was not
injured, I feared that some problem had happened at halftime and PP was
being disciplined. If it was simply because he had three fouls, then
that is the most stupid coaching decision Pitino has made to date. While
Pierce was benched, the Warriors took control of the game. I can't
believe more wasn't made of this on TV, or by Bob Ryan, who didn't
mention it in his game report.

Mike D.