post mortem quotes

>>``What we didn't understand was what to do when we got in foul trouble,''
Pitino said. ``We got all out of whack. We tried to stay out of serious foul
trouble instead of playing hard defense. If we did, we would have won the
game.''<<
http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/sport/cs02192000.htm

When will Pitino realize that although he ASKS his players to play hard
defense, his ACTIONS - which speak louder - contradict him: he pulls the
players when/if they get fouls contesting shots, preventing easy lay-ups
etc. This is only exacerbated when we play "the headless chicken D". The
players who stay on the floor are the ones who rarely take a foul for the
benefit of the team (primarily Twon and Waltah - only, I imagine, because
they've learned to dissociate words from actions after playing under Pitino
so long).

For example: am I alone in wondering why Pierce began the second half on the
bench? Well, here's the answer:

>>Paul Pierce spent the first 5:38 of the third quarter on the bench with
three fouls. He did get back into the game, but he never got back into the
flow. And he wasn't alone among those wearing green.<< [same article]

Doesn't Coach P realize that we get 6 fouls in the pros? (Okay, a cheap shot
I'll admit, but I need to let off steam when I read quotes from the coach
blaming the players - again - when he doesn't even allow them to stay in the
game.)

Well, I guess at least Bob Ryan's happy. . .

Arrgghh -TomM