Pitino subsititution pattern - the problem?

from the celtics ng on warriors loss.
<snip>
What doesn't show in the box score:  McCarty played the entire fucking
third period.  All of it.  Meanwhile, Fortson is sitting on the bench.
This is after the Cs have gotten the Warriors in potential foul trouble
during the first half, of course.  Let me repeat:  Fortson, the man who
got to the foul line 19 times this game, sat on the bench all of the
third period.

I'll watch Potapenko play any time, though, seriously.  He's a total
bull of a man.  I really think that Pitino's defensive rotations are
hampering him; when he settles down in the key and guards it -- well,
I'll just say it was a pleasure watching Dampier bounce off him like
a child.

Other thoughts... the offense sucks, and I'm pretty sure that all those
plays I saw that start with the center taking the ball at the top of
the three point line weren't random ad libs.  They need to figure out
how to pass the ball inside; live by the outside game, die by Pierce and

Anderson going 2 for 10 and 2 for 11.
<snip>