Anderson on the block

Paul M. says:

"Kenny was just another part of the "value raising" scheme when Pitino first
acquired him. I don't believe he had any intention of keeping Kenny long
term. He was going to trade him eventually and right now Kenny's value is
high. Pitino wants a taller more "assist oriented" player at that position."

If Pitino is able to acuire something of value for Kenny Anderson, it's a
masterstroke. Finally, we're talking about trading a player when his value
is highest. We all want to trade Toine, Battie and Fortson when they
struggle, then complain about the value we're rumored to get in return. Well
Kenny's value is never going to be higher than it is right now. I don't
think the Knicks are a good match unless Camby is involved, but there are
always three-way options out there. The unfortunate thing is the two teams
with the greatest need for PGs: N.Y. and Toronto, don't seem like good fits.
N.Y. just doesn't have much we'd want, while Kenny burned all bridges with
Toronto when he refused to go there after the trade with Portland (paving
the way for his arrival here).

I just think we need to try to win now while keeping an eye on the future,
and I don't think Kenny will always play as well as he has this year. His
career bears that out.

A Kenny deal also would explain the interest in Brevin Knight (although not
"taller" he is assist-oriented). I'm not a huge fan of Knight's, but he's
better than a lot of guys out there.

Mark