Re: Trades

In fairness, Alex envisions a trade that also lands a top three draft pick
(any Clipper first round pick amounts to just that) plus the 6-5 Derek
Anderson (a 16.5 ppg player who has had a triple double this year and shoots
a better percentage from the floor and the free throw line than Pierce). My
big problem with this trade is that I can't imagine we'd be able to sign
Derek Anderson.

I don't favor this trade (Paul Pierce is going to have his number retired one
day). But let's just say that I'd take Derek Anderson over Ron Mercer any
day.