Re: "to be liked is a choice"

Tom,

Jim's original objection was to Joe's contention that Pitino was
distorting reality and shifting blame when he talked about Chris
Wallace and "his staff" instead of "my staff". I agreed with Jim
and added the example about Pierce. At no point did I ever say,
"This clears Pitino's reputation," as you seem to believe I was
trying to do. I just put up an example where Pitino gets unfairly
bashed. And if you don't believe it happens, go back and re-read
Kestas' response to my post, which was exactly the type of thing
I was referring to. No, it wasn't "tongue-in-cheek".

Jim and I were solely referring to Pitino's comments regarding
his staff and how they are being unfairly (in my opinion) twisted
to put him in a further negative light. What you seem to be
saying below is, Pitino has a history of "manipulations", so
people are justified in reading whatever meaning they want from
his words, regardless of whether there's any truth to it.
Personally, I think this defense of the "irrational anti-Pitino"
is pretty lame, as is saying that Jim and I are on a "high horse"
for responding to certain unfair, or at least dubious, criticisms
of Pitino.

Alex