Re: 101-99

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Meninno <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: 101-99

> >From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>
> >Pitino gambled and let Kenny play with 4 fouls and did he ever
> >respond.
>
> The camera clearly showed Kenny Anderson waving Dana back to the bench.
It
> was the sort of move a coach ought to be able to depend on a veteran to
> make.  At a critical stage of the game, your only point guard needs to be
> able to play in foul trouble.  Kenny showed that this team isn't
completely
> lacking in veteran leadership.
>
> Jim

You'll get no denial that Kenny clearly wanted to stay in the game, however,
Pitino gambled in staying with him despite the foul situation.  My point is
that he went against his normal practice to send a message.  Message
received.  Had Kenny picked up #5, it would have most certainly altered the
outcome and he deserves credit for staying with him.  I wouldn't do it all
the time though.

Cecil