The game that killed Bob Ryan

Yeah, take that, Bob Ryan. Eat it, baby. How does that taste?

He was probably bummed he had to throw out the draft that began, "The
Celtics continued their dreary march to oblivion last night, blowing a
first quarter lead like the chumps they are. Antoine Walker scored 19
useless points ..."

It must have absolutely killed him to write, "the Celtics stayed afloat
thanks to a 14-point outburst by Antoine Walker." Must have felt like
pasing a kidney stone ... I thought Bob showed admirable restraint by
not even mentioning Walker's 7 turnovers.

Oh, by the way, Daniel, the "useless" Danny Fortson got 5 boards in only
12 minutes.

I don't mean to gloat. I recognize this is merely the latest in a long
tradition of Boston sports teams: Just when the fans have given up hope,
tease 'em with a big win. But for one day, I can dream.

I'm going to the Warriors game this Friday and will prepare a summary
for the list.