Re: on balance

>From: "Gene Kirkpatrick" <gkir@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us>

>I agree with him that he has much less maneuverability than
>desirable.

Right on, Gene.  I just don't understand all this defending of M.L. Carr
recently.  Did he tank the season because he was told to?  Perhaps.  But if
you're going to tank things, why tank it for five years by signing Pervis,
Minor, Barros and Brown to long term contracts?  Forget cap space, just
having to give those 4 players roster spots is a handicap.  I won't even
knock him for Dino, because he was a productive player, once upon a time.
The only decent players on the team ended up being the free agents!  Talk
about poor player decisions.  I think any evaluation of Pitino as a GM has
to consider what he had to work with.

Jim