Re: Celtic Notes: Pitino Gone? Griffin Twinged; Swifty Favored;Cheaney Injured; Pot Late, Dikembe?

Elgin W Booth wrote:

> Yeah, Stromile Swift is definitely the type of player Rick loves. All he
> says is "we need to get more athletic in the frontcourt". Well, Swift is
> only a sophomore and still pretty raw, but he has as much potential as any
> big man in college, if not the most. McDyess is a good comparison. Swift
> still does need to put on some more weight though.
>
> He is not much of a scorer yet, hopefully he can develop more low post
> moves (which are so rare in today's NBA.)

It's risky too, though.

Swift was a big time HS athlete, but the more highly touted Jonathan Bender
could have been even more "dominant" and "can't miss" if he were a college
freshman this year instead of a pro bench warmer.

I'd prefer that Swift stay in college until his body and game develops
sufficiently (and the Celts can hopefully cash in that Denver pick).

But I think there is no chance of that.

Trading Antoine Walker "in a second" for Swift is a pretty typical Way comment,
as Paul M. also noted.

***