watch what you wish for

The ironic thing about this aborted trade and subsequent trade is we may
have been better off the first time around. Everyone is thrilled the trade
has been called off, but are the other offers that great? Greg Foster and
Shammond Williams? No thanks. Jacque Vaughn? Short, slow and can't shoot.
Sounds great. Everyone seems to want Ruben Patterson, but he's just a more
athletic, less skilled (and shorter -  6-5) version of Adrian Griffin. Now,
toss Rashard Lewis' name out there and I'll be interested, but it sounds
like Seattle considers him untouchable.

Nothing I've heard so far has made me any more excited than Alvin Williams
and Sean Marks. Williams at least gave us that big, athletic point guard to
go with the second team. He has been a consistent starter for a playoff
team, after all.

The other teams mentioned in this morning's story bear watching. Milwaukee,
which is trying to give Tractor Traylor away (I like his potential better
than Fortson's), or maybe a Danny Manning. And Atlanta has a young small
forward I know Wallace was very high on coming out of the draft, Roshown
McLeod. He was a stud at Duke, has good size and may be a player.

My thoughts on a Monday morning,

Mark