Hhhhhmmmmmmm?

> Sure, sure. Those kids today... they're "punks", to use  Bob Ryan's
> favorite term. They have it easy - not like we used to, walking 10 miles to
> school in two feet of snow uphill  - both ways!
> And they shouldn't let young black kids, who side with those "punks" and
> dare to criticize the coach (the horror!!!), cover the team. Especially
> when you have oldtimers like Ryan on your staff to set the record straight.

 Let's see, I do not remember calling any person a punk.  Nor did I say
anything about a black writer.  If you mean to tell  me that Holley is
black, that is news to me.  It is unfortunate that the internet does not
allow for a reasoned discourse.  I don't read the Globe and unless you
post it here, have no idea what Holley or Ryan says.  But your
insinuations are inappropriate and uncalled for.

I stand by what I said and it had no such message attached to it.  Just
like you, Holley has an opinion.  I think he wrote a stupid column.  I
didn't say he was stupid, that Ryan was correct or anything other than
that I disagree with his column and that it was stupid.  The column.

Today's society rewards athletes with money that spoils them and many
are not mature enough to deal with it.  There are exceptions.  People
like Ray Allen.  Xavier McDaniel learned how to take care of himself
after getting burned.  But, it spoils many of them and gives them an
inflated sense of self worth.  And the people around them and the agents
do little to get their feet back on the ground.  And they are selfish
and do not play team ball or listen to any coach.  That makes many of
them spoiled brats.  And to blame the coach for what society and the
structure does to inflate their heads is ridiculous.

The message that I get from your post is that society should conform to
the wishes of spoiled children who happen to be able to play a game.  My
point is that is backasswards and stupid.  If they were any a real line
of work, they would get fired.

Give me players from the old school, that come to win and play team ball
any day of the week.  Your reply to me is not in the same ballpark.

As far as ML goes, I don't know how long you have been on the list, but
I was one of those who defended ML all during his coaching days and
pointed out that he was doing what he was told to do.  That doesn't mean
that the team is not saddled with salaries and players it can't get rid
of because of other bad decisions he made.  And someone approved those
signings, and it was not Pitino.  But Rick has to wait till the hand
plays out.

If you don't believe that Falk is driven by motives that are
counterproductive to the game of basketball, or that agents have too
much power, then there's nothing I can say to convince you.   And if you
think that Falk does everything for the good of each of his clients, you
are simply wrong.  The best illustration is when Falk moved X-man to the
Celtics to keep him off the Knicks.  That was done for Michael, not X.
X happened to benefit financially, but he didn't as a player and the
Knicks probably lost a championship for the lack of Xavier.

Some things are more important than the most money.  If you don't
understand that, then I can't convince you.

Take issue with my opinions anytime you want.  But don't insinuate words
or motives to me.  Don't insinuate that I agree with Ryan calling Toine
a punk.  If you want to say these things, don't use my post to pattern
you comments around.

BTW, is Holley black?  I had no idea.  If you are insinuating what I
read into your post, then that idea sprung fresh from your own mind.  If
I am reading your post wrong, then I will stand corrected.  If I have it
right, well, you can figure that out.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net