Re: media quote

>I would rather have Walker Pitino is a complete idiot.
>If Pitino's contract would have been freindly I would
>trade him for the worst coach in the NBA - {Boston
>Celtics } in a heart beat. - Mishra

There's been a lot of brilliant discussion of the "ins and outs" of
Pitino's defense. Here's all I know: Pitino came out of Kentucky talking
about this brilliant defense that HE was going to design and control. He
was going to let his point guard control the offense and he was going to be
in charge of the defense. Three years later? This team still can't play
defense, and Pitino continues to blame everybody else but himself. You
know, the above post is right on the money. If Pitino didn't have that huge
contract he'd be gone at the end of this year. I don't think it's unfair to
say that Pitino, up to this point, has been a failure. I look at this team
and, I'm sorry, I don't think .500 should be that difficult. Unfortunately,
watching them play, it appears to be "impossible".

Paul M.