Re: Uncomfirmed ESPN Trade Rumor From The Seattle ESPN Message Board

John Lyell wrote:

> Seems like the teams out West , Lakers, Blazers, & Sonics seem to like to
> compete and "steal" a player the other has rumored to have interest in like
> Fortson, Kukoc.
>
> I 'm a not sure about Patterson. At times he has looked real explosive, but
> not real consistent. he is very athletic and would be a nice 3.  Stepania is
> an interesting specimen. Somewhat like a young Vlade Divac, even Nowitski,
> although not as polished. He can shoot the 3 but real thin. I see him having
> the same problems as Travis knight & good old Stojko
>
> I am not sure how this deal would fit with the cap.
>
> Fortson, Barros & Ellison's salaries are much more than Patterson &
> Stepania. Could someone else be involved ?

Lets see...

Sonics lineup after this trade;

Center - Horace Grant - Jelani McCoy - Greg Foster - Pervis Ellison
Power Forward - Vin Baker - Danny Fortson
Small Forward - Rashard Lewis - Chuck Person - Lazaro Borrell
Shooting Guard - Brent Barry - Vernon Maxwell - Emmanual Davis -
Point Guard - Gary Payton - Dana Barros - Shammond Williams - Fred Vinson

I'll hazard to guess that the trade that Seattle want to send the Celtics in
full is;

Danny Fortson + Pervis Ellison + Dana Barros + (probably some sort of pick)

for

Ruben Patterson + Vladimir Stepania + something major (Barry? Maxwell [injured]?
Foster?) - it has to be one of those three players anyway.