Re: Uncomfirmed ESPN Trade Rumor From The Seattle ESPN Message Board

--- You wrote:
I just post them, don't ask me about their truthfulness:

According to xteve_espn on the Sonics Message Board, who said he
heard this on ESPN Radio:

Fortson, Barros, and Ellsion for Patterson and Stepania. All is
forgiven Ick, if you pull this one off...
Ray

--- end of quote ---

The salaries don't add up, if the trade is as described: ~$7M in combined salaries for the Celtics, and about $1.6M for the Sonics. And why would the Sonics (or anyone else, for that matter) want anything to do with Barros? If you throw in someone like Foster, and subtract Barros, it might work, but I really doubt it.

Stepania is intriguing, though. He doesn't have big numbers, but every time he played against the Celtics he was impressive. I'm sure Ricky would love to acquire the first Georgian in the NBA :)