Value of board control

>Joe Hironaka says:
<Au contraire baby, it shows just how obvious execution can make basketball
easy.
<Coach your talent to control the defensive boards and turn obvious passing
lanes
<and angles into an efficient (almost repetitive) fastbreak and you don't have
<dunk or do anything else spectacular to score.

Exactly why they should have kept Fortson and gone
with a Pots/Fort/Toine/Pierce/Anderson lineup through thick and
thin for the remainder of the season.  (and why someone like
Duncan is so valuable). What is this bullsh*t about
RP not knowing that Antoine wouldn't be able to play SF??
Danny was not a bull in a china shop.  I agree with others that
given regular playing time he and the refs would have figured it
out. No one on the Cs rebounds with the authority he did. Pots
tries and succeeds on occasion, but more often than not someone
beats him to it or grabs the ball from him. The others are opportunistic -
if the rebound comes to them, they'll hold on to it.  Fort is like
Rodman.  Not only does he get the rebounds he should --
he gets the ones that are not in his court (like a ballhog in
tennis doubles) and would normally go to the other team.
That is board control!   Watching the 80s Celts shows so
may breaks starting with simple rebounding - the big 3
never gave one up, and knew what to do with the ball when
they got it.     Forget all these PFs that will be available
(Michael Smith, Samaki Walker, Mark Bryant...) - why
will they have any more opportunity than Fortson? Unless
they are going to ship Pervis out for Adonal Foyle or
another backup center.

The X factor with Danny is his foot. I agree that stress
fractures tend to be reoccuring and I was surprised to
see him get that type of injury as it's one I normally associate
with the tall guys like Ilgauskas and Walton.

And regarding Bird as coach, wouldn't you just love to see
him coach Antoine for a season?  He has said he wouldn't
return to the franchise as it is.  If (when) RP goes, maybe
then?  Yes, as GM or owner.

not a Pitino fan,

--Ellie