RE: Michael Holley finally says it.

Who do you think would have done a better job, Kestas? You think Larry would
have miraculasly made Ellison's, Minor's, and Dana's contracts go away. If
Larry were still here, we probably would still be stuck with Dino and Dee as
well. I am only using Larry as an example because that is the name most
people bring up as to who we should have gotten instead of Pitino. Although
some people, obviously with no basketball knowledge, have suggested M.L.
would have done a better job.

The bottom line is this: Why not wait and see what Pitino does when he can
get rid of these guys he had nothing to do with signing. I am sure that Rick
loves it that Minor and Ellison are eating up the salary cap when neither
can play. Holley is evidently not smart enough to understand this. He
doesn't understand what you need to do behind the scenes to make a team win.
He just says, "The Celtics lost again - I better bash Pitino today", instead
of looking at what Rick is trying to do long term for this team.

And I was not as much picking on Holley's lack of athletic ability as I was
simply stating a fact. A lot of sports writers are failed athletes. They
figure they can't play sports so they might as well write about them. But
then they are constantly upset at athletes because of jealosy. Holley fits
this mold perfectly. He should take his head out of his rear end and try and
understand a few things about the Celtics before he just shoots his mouth
off about them.

Shawn Niles