interesting press clips on trade

Here are statements that didn't get much play but that put interesting
spins to the trade:

>>The Raptors made a claim for Workman -- a veteran point guard
who was waived Monday by the Milwaukee Bucks -- but the
Celtics threatened to scuttle those plans by claiming Workman
for themselves. Boston has a worse NBA record than Toronto, so
the Celtics' claim would have superseded the one made by the
Raptors.
Trade talk ensued and the result was the three-player deal, with
the Celtics agreeing to back off of Workman.<<
http://www.canoe.ca/BasketballToronto/feb10_wor.html

So Pitino essentially had to blackmail Toronto into this trade?

>>“I think we'll miss him,” Celtics center
Vitaly Potapenko said. “He's a load. He's one of
the strongest players in the NBA.”<<

You tell it, Vitaly!

>>Fortson ranked behind Potapenko and
Tony Battie at center and behind Antoine
Walker at power forward. Pitino stopped trying
to create more time at power forward for
Fortson by switching Walker to small forward
for 10-15 minutes a game because Walker
couldn't defend 3-pointers.<<
last two at:
http://www.telegram.com/sports/fortson.html

Because he couldn't defend the 3pter? Was this the "experiment"? When
Mashburn was raining threes over Twon's head? (Well, one was when Twon lost
his shoe at mid-court and stopped to retrieve it. . . )