Bird says no to working for the Celts down the road

Bird says no to idea of rejoining the Celts organization down the road,
according to Bulpett's article.

Nice column. I'm just pasting in part of it though. I personally don't
think he'll stay retired for too long. Other than Phil Jackson, he
probably has the best coaching resumé of any one in basketball (given
the talent he has to work with).

Joe

``I'm done,'' he said last night. ``This will be my last year in
Indiana. I'll just move on, go back to Florida and see what happens.''

And while he expects to make his way back to Boston, he doesn't
anticipate it being to work for the local basketball team.

``No,'' he said flatly when asked about being a Celtic again.

Asked next whether there was anything he didn't like that would prevent
a return to the club, Bird laughed and said: ``There's a lot of  things
I don't like, but I'm not going to get into them.''

****