Are you nuts?

Daniel, I cannot imagine how even you can say this. Fortson averaged 5.6 points
and, much more importantly, 5 rebounds in 12 minutes a game. Yes, he was
foul-prone, at 3.3 a game ... but going on numbers alone, Fortson could have
played 20+ mpg before fouling out and in those minutes would have averaged 10
points and 9 boards. (Back me up on this, Alex Wang.) That would easily have made
him our leading rebounder. Hell, even at just 12 minutes he was EASILY our
leading per-minute rebounder. The problem wasn't Fortson, it was Pitino's
unwillingness to play Walker fewer minutes at the 4 ... which kind of begs the
question as to why the trade was made in the first place. Hindsight is 20/20 ...
but if you want to see "useless," my friend, wait till Alvin and Sean Marks lace
'em up.

Maybe the very worst thing about this trade is, it does nothing to address the
team's greatest weakness: lack of experience. Two more young kids, just what we
need. This could shape up to be the very worst trade of Pitino's illustrious
career. Letting Fortson walk was better than this. Much.

One final note: notice that the Toronto GM said Fortson gives them "another tough
body up front that's crucial to any team's success in the Eastern Conference?" We
were lacking in that department BEFORE we traded Fortson. Give the playoffs a
deep, wet goodbye kiss, friends.