Danny, we hardly knew ye

Just found out about this trade. I think it kind of sucks. I know some
of you were keen to acquire Alvin Williams before the season, but he
hasn't done much that I can see. Where does he play? Do we cut Ovaltine
loose and groom him behind Kenny? I thought the general consensus was
that Doug was doing a good job. If we wanted a young point guard
project, why not keep Wayne Turner?

As for Marks, the best you can say for him is that he was once part of
the Oakley trade. Did you check out his numbers? What a joke. I expect
Fortson to come out and kill in Toronto, if he can get minutes behind
their old big men. I realize Rick had to do something because he had
painted himself into a corner with Fortson and was set to lose him for
nothing. But to me, this is kind of the equivalent ... with the added
"advantage" that it locks us into more contracts. At least letting
Fortson go might have bought us some cap relief. Bottom line: We didn't
trade Ron Mercer for the NBA leading per-minute rebounder; we traded him
for a couple of stiffs.