Fortson trade

Celtics pre-game show confirms...

Fortson to Dallas
Alvin Williams to Boston
??? to Toronto

Pitino says he did it because he couldn't give Fortson the minutes or money
he wanted.  Made this trade because it fufills a need for the team (i.e.
point guard).

If Williams is a point guard, it would certainly fill a need, but rebounding
was a need too.  I have to admit to being puzzled by how little Fortson was
used after returning from injury, especially when Battie was playing so
poorly.

Well, if Williams is any kind of a point guard, this could make a big
difference in the second unit.  Plus, he has size, which we needed at that
position.  People on this list have mentioned they liked him in the past,
what does everyone think of him as a player, not necessarily about giving up
Fortson for him?

Jim