this could get ugly

I know Pitino has said he'll stand pat, other than Fortson, but if we lose
tonight and then fare as well as I expect on the West Coast trip, I say all
bets are off. If we're riding a six- or seven-game losing streak two weeks
from now, and we haven't shown any signs of improvement, I wouldn't be
surprised to see this team blown up. And despite my belief to this point
that we should stay the course, I wouldn't be disappointed to see some
drastic changes.

Last night was completely discouraging because it was one of those games you
need to win if you really want to stay in the playoff hunt and we didn't
even compete. I think the only guy on this team who really cares about the
playoffs is Pitino. The rest pay it lip service, but when they really get a
chance to show they mean it, they roll over.

I'm tired and disgusted by all this. A 47-point first quarter by the Nets?
Have the rest of you been able to shrug that off? I haven't.

Feeling defeated,

Mark