More Fortson quotes

I believe him when he said "I know when I get a chance to play, I'm
gonna be a great player in the NBA." I've been in the same situation
(non-basketball of course) proving myself at a new job.

Hey Mr Pitino, why don't you work the phones on EW and TB instead?

http://www.nesn.com/columnists/stringer/stringer020300.html
By Peter F. Stringer
February 3, 2000
Fortson Flustered Over PT
Actually, we should say the lack thereof when referring to Fortson's
minutes. Against Indiana he went five minutes in which he grabbed five
boards and committed five fouls. Wednesday night, he played 14 minutes
in the first half but never left the pine in the second. He notched just
one rebound, two fouls and two points. We stopped keeping track of how
many times he blew his defensive assignment.
He got a few on-court scowls and tongue-lashings from Kenny Anderson.
And Pitino doesn't put him on the court with the game on the line.
"I know I'm productive when I'm out there," said Fortson. "Nobody will
make me believe any different. You show me a player who could do
anything in the minutes I've been playing. I don't care who you are.
Michael Jordan can't do it in 12 minutes, 15 minutes."
It's been well reported that Fortson is available in trade for any
takers. Even if he's not dealt this winter, before the game Mr. Fortson,
a free agent after the season, did not sound like the kind of guy who
wants to re-sign with Boston this summer.
"If I'm in the doghouse, I'm in the doghouse. I don't think I am. I come
here and I work hard. If you get a player to come in and bust his ass
every day, what else can a coach want?" asked Fortson. "I don't think
I'm in the doghouse. They're might be other things going on, but I don't
know."
If they are trying to trade Fortson, the Celtics aren't showing anybody
what he can do. To be fair, Fortson hasn't been very impressive aside
from his sporadic rebounding.
Maybe Fortson can be moved for a youngster and a draft pick from a
contender in need of rebounding help (the Pacers come to mind, maybe
even the Jazz), but that won't do anything to aid the progression of the
C's from a club clawing for the last playoff spot to a team that can
think about the second-round of the tournament.
While he wouldn't admit that he was worried about his value diminishing
without sufficient playing time, Fortson did get his point across.
"Let me put it to you this way," said Fortson. "I know when I get a
chance to play, I'm gonna be a great player in the NBA."
That doesn't appear likely to happen in Boston.