Re: K.V.H

> > I am in favor of keeping Fortson though as long as he could be kept
happy as
> > being the 6th man.   He would be a perfect spark off the bench once he's
in
> > shape and has his confidence back.  He need to understand his role and
then
> > everything else will fall into place.  Right now, he has no role and he
is
> > frustrated.
>
> You do realise that you have totally contradicted yourself in saying that.
> understand his role is to understand that he has no role. How can anything
fall
> into place when he realises and I believe that he has that he he has no
role?

        I meant to say that Pitino needs to give him a role.  Once a role is
established, then things will fall into place.  Pitino is struggling giving
him a role, when it's clear to this group, that McCarty and Williams role's
should be placed behind Fortson's

> If he could develop a role on this team outside of the starting lineup,
then hes
> going to up and leave and I dont blame him. He is a starting quality power
> forward in a league that doesn't really have many of his sort of players;
he is
> a one of a rare breed, a breed unfortunately we cannot use to its maximum
> potential.

        Kevin McHale was a 6th man for a few years before he started.  Could
he have started on another team? Absolutely.  Did he?  No.  Fortson could do
the same thing.  It's about loyalty and winning, not how much money you have
in your wallet.  Fortson is more important to this team than McCarty will
ever be.

Anne