TOMMY

First of all, in case you all think I'm daft, I apparently only heard part of what Mike Gorman said - and he didn't say Mercer was staying in Denver.  Just wanted to clear that up.

As for Tommy - his prattling as a color man has nothing to do with the way he coached - he always tries to convince the fans watching the telecast that whatever player it is he thinks the fans are down on is really a gem - he's been on the Antoine kick for most of this year - but this is the first time I've heard him pick on another good player as part of that - he did it last night and again tonight with Pierce.  Mike Gorman is obviously a Pierce fan, and one night they were actually a bit testy with one another - first time I've ever known that to happen!  Some of you will remember others whose bandwagon Tommy's jumped on - there have been several.  He means well, but he carries it too far, just as he does with the complaints on the calls, even if he is right (and he is).
We all know it, just get tired of it all game long!

FWIW, in my opinion there was nothing wrong with the Dave D'Alessandro article.  He admitted Walker's talent as we all have.  He didn't trash him, and if you're honest with yourselves you'll have to admit it.  Read it again.  Antoine's future as a basketball player is up to Antoine.  As for the refs, they have very long memories.  Once you turn them against you it's next to impossible to turn them around, even the good ones.  For the sake of this team I'd like to see him turn it around, and maybe he will.  The jury is still out.
Dorine