Re: No Magic for C's today

At 12:29 AM 12/31/00 -1000, bird wrote:

>I have "finished" moving from bright, sunny Hawai`i to Blazerland (once
>again) -- well, at least I have internet access --  The chance to see
>Celtics games are mana from heaven to me.  What can I say, indeed?  I am,
>indeed, a Celtics fan.  Thanks to Doug for saying that first.

Welcome back my avian friend! Yes we are Celtics fans and even though our
star hasn't been shining very bright in many a moon I still leave the
desert compound festooned in Celtic gear (Also Pats, Bruins and especially
RED SOX!!)I take much abuse from folks @ the local watering hole but my
time will come again! When the Celtics were ever so dominant I loved the
hatred of the Celtics nationally because it reflected to just how good our
team really was!! It is the same feeling people have towards the Skankees,
Cowboys or Fakers and I can't wait until that look of disdain once again
adorns peoples faces when spying my Celtics hats or shirts etc.!!!!

>A friend informed me of the win against Joisey whilst imbibing (numerous)
>beers at the Horse Brass (for those in the Greater PDX area); I look
>forward to going over the posts on the List on the web site to catch up on
>information, but folks, I want to say that, from what I know, we won a
>game in the last seconds, so please, please, glory in that victory --
>revel in it, much as I did this night, making a spectacle of myself in a
>pub that knew not of why I was (most ostentatiously) celebrating.

No as Cecil pointed out folks seem to see the glass as half empty even
after the delicious hail Maria(Sorry I'm Portuguese!)by "Mega" Milt
Palacios to bring down the Nets! I love whenever "Mega" does anything
significant Tommy relates his "Not to shabby for a guy who was sitting in
his living room watching the NBA a few weeks ago" missive!! I must admit
that even though I watch more college ball than just about anyone I know
(Outside of Job related viewing) Palacios was not someone that I remembered
and I was baffled @ his signing initially. I had already made my concession
speech to a guest/Nets fan visiting my son and I. He had been genially
trash talking us most of the evening and was relishing my having to wear a
Nets hat and shirt for an entire day of his choosing (Typical bar bet!)I
was not a happy camper @ the thought of that humiliation when the
Leprechaun decided to interject itself and transform our dark moods into
one of jubilation! Our pal will look good in GREEN!!.

>I love this team.  Seriously, I think I might attempt coitus if it was
>physically possible.  Sorry if that might offend folks, but that's what
>you get when you mix beer with sports.  Better than hooliganism ... I think.

Use a condom Bill.
Later.Mike