777

Title: 777
   As I logged on (to the AOL board) this AM, wondering if the leprechaun was indeed back, I noticed that there were 777 posts listed.
   I'm not sure I'm ready to pronounce that last nights win will propel the C's into the playoffs, as I was about to turn off the game, in disgust, when a little Yogi Berra voice in my head told me something about "till it's over." I laughed, thinking about fat ladies and wondering whether the original line wasn't from Casey Stengel, when the improbable became reality.
   Actually, I was more concerned about having to face my shipmates on the SS Homer, than the C's season sinking into the sludge of the Jersey swamps, when "Little Milton," became the MAN.
   All week, I was wondering if he even knew there was a basket at the end of the court, when he just up and revives the spirit of the leprechaun.
   There are games that kill a team (like the loss in Philadelphia early this season) and there are games that can make a team.
   As Rick was saying yesterday, the team was working hard and I was wondering if they would continue to work as hard, if they didn't start winning.
   There are some other good signs this AM. Randy Brown did not go on the disabled list. Randy is expected to play against Atlanta and might be ready tomorrow against Orlando. We need Randy.
   Blount was activated, Moiso was sent out. This and the activation of Chris Carr for Walter McCarty earlier in the week, has set the roster where I think it belongs. They should get some needed minutes and rebounds from Blount; Carr should be able to hit some shots when Pierce and/or Walker are on the bench.
   Luck is an elusive experience. It's not the same as getting sent to the line every time someone breathes on you, like Marbury does, but sometimes it is better.
Excelsior
JB

--

Unchain My Heart!