Knick/Net games

The Nets looked horrible. The Celts only looked slightly better. One time,
Kenny passed the ball to Walker who wasn't looking to have the ball bounce
off his shoulder. A real lowlight piece. The Knicks didn't look that good
either. The Celts weren't that good either but they were better than the
Knicks. The Celts also look like they have a future (Pierce/Walker) where the
Knicks are all yesterday's news. I won't speculate how much of a difference
Camby would have made if he hadn't gotten injured (again) in the second half
since injuries are apart of the game and a win is a win. The Knicks look real
uncomfortable when Spree is at the point. They are much more fluid with
Childs (a real point guard) in there. Palacio played off Spree too much
honoring his drive. When Brown came in, he played him a lot tighter and
bodied him. Surprisingly, Spree backed off. That was the key to the game. We
gave up a lot of open shots to Rice in the scramble doubling defense. I don't
know if this is because it was poor defense or if we consciously kept Stith
leaning towards Houston but Stith totally kept the lid on Stith. This was the
second key to the game...I tell ya folks, I miss wins like this and the glory
days so bad. This win reminded me of how fun it is when your team is winning.
We haven't seen it much for the past 7 years...Hubie Brown pointed out that
the C's are bad because they haven't drafted players that fit Pitino's
system. I somewhat agree but in the bigger sense, not just the draft. All of
the players drafted fit Pitino's system. VP and Fortson, who were not
drafted, did not. Hubie ragged on about Moiso not even playing. Well, most of
the no.1s this year are not playing and Moiso is the 11 pick. I think Pitino
took Moiso with McGrady and Rashard Lewis in mind. In case Hubie doesn't
realise it, this is the way the NBA is going to be now. The teams are going
to be drafting players who will sit for a few years. Next year won't be any
exception. The Cs had drafted talented players who are now blooming on other
teams. We don't want to let Moiso go and see the same thing happen. We must
have patience. That said, I would like to see Moiso playing a little just for
experience sake...I have mentioned this before but have you noticed that
Walker plays better when he plays more? Or is it that he plays more when he
plays better?<g> Anyways, when he  is his playing more, he is in charge of
the team offensively, calling plays (not just for himself), rebounding,
making shots inside. I have to admit I enjoyed the two wiggles that Walker
did after torching Johnson at will. I even scanned the crowd to see how they
liked it. This just proves to me that Walker could do this every night if he
was playing small forward. Walker is not able to do this when playing tall
guys. I know other teams will still put a bigger guy on Walker but that would
leave a puny guy on Battie or VP....Pierce was unstoppable against the Knicks
drawing several "oohhs" from the MSG crowd...Battie isn't playing as well as
he was earlier this year but he game up with a pivotable block near the end
of the game when the Knicks were making a run that started a fast break that
we scored on. You just don't have any chance of getting this with VP at
center. I also would prefer to see Blount in there instead of VP....Kenny
looked decent against the Nets in short minutes but not so good against the
Knicks. He can still dribble like a demon. You got to think that the Knicks
would be interested in him along with a few other pointguard starved teams.
Yeah he has a enormous salary. But there are always a GM who thinks the
player is the straw who will stir the drink if he can just get him...I like
Bibby but he will be weak defensively. I bet the 2 no.1s are the worst 2 of
the three no 1.s we get next year...Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the
Utah pick we pick the Phoenix pick if it is 20 or worse? If it Phoenix pick
is higher than 20, we get the Utah pick. I remember something connected to
the Phoenix pick and also that we won't get anything higher than a 20 pick
regardless...One other point, this three headed point guard situation is
really nice having a experienced real point guard that can score (Anderson)
coming in with the second unit. This is one area that we have really suffered
in the last few years. If Kenny could/would play the backup point guard spot,
I would love him in spite of his huge salary....

DJessen33