RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V7 #477

The Knicks game was the first I've seen all year. My impressions, in no real
order:

* We need a post-up threat badly. Everything starts outside in instead of
inside out, which makes it difficult to get good spacing.
* If Blount can play a lick, then VP is expendable. A VP/Carr/Anderson
package of some sort might get us a post-up player, or point relief.
* Antoine is miles ahead of where he was last year, though still maddeningly
far from where he could be. He can start on a championship team.
* Pierce would be an awesome 6th man. He's still maturing. Give him time. He
too can start on a championship team.
* Part of the reason Houston disappeared was Stith's defense. Stith was 0-7
shooting and i could still tell he's a great fit on this team.
* Brown is a perfect #2 point guard. Is not and never will be a starter.
* Battie will get better and better. With a little more confidence (2 years,
maybe), he's a 15/10 active shotblocker.
* The team is closer to being competitive than you think.
* Patience is a virtue.