Help

I feel like a Red Sox fan.  Just when I gave up and felt confident I could
wait out the Pitino regime before having to hope the C's could win
anything more than an occasional upset, they rip off 2 good wins.  Ok, NJ
at home isn't anything special, though not bad, but in NY?  And Walker
turning into a rebounding machine, with assists.  When was the last time
Walker rebounded AND assisted well for any stretch?  And defense?  Is this
a team that can compete with decent teams and win a few?

Please, don't let me get sucked back in.  I'm feeling the urge to sit
glued in front of the tv, yelling and screaming, waiting for the team to
"get it" and become the force that they have the talent to be.  Not great
talent, but enough talent to compete and succeed in Stern's "NBA 2000 and
beyond" teenball, slam dunk contest.

I need a cure.  I need another stinker to get rid of this feeling of hope
and optimism.  Please, before they rip out my heart and stomp on it like
they've done to every Red Sox fan since long before I was born.  Granted,
I'm not back yet, but a few more "complete games" against some good
teams, and I'll have no will power.  I'll be exposed as the bleeding heart
fool that I am.

-Jamey

PS.  I realize that drafting McGrady would have greatly improved their
chances of having him playing there this year, but really, how much did he
help Toronto?  How much did O'Neal help the Trailblazers on his rookie
contract?  Drafting high schoolers is still a crap shoot.  At what point
do they become bargains, just as their becoming good and demanding a max
contract?  Will Moiso become a force just as he's signing for $15 mil a
year?  I realize he's older and went to college, all of 2 years.  Guess
I'm tired of watching amazing acrobatic feats from guys that
can't play well enough to beat a mid-level college team (full of seniors).
feel like I'm watching track and field championships, when I wanted to
watch basketball.