Bibby

Bibby battle rages on - Shortly after Vancouver Sun columnist Gary Mason scribbled earlier this week that Mike Bibby might be the most likely of the Grizzlies' to be moved, Rick Pitino quickly waded in. 'If that is true, you're getting a dominating-type point guard for the next 10 years,' Pitino told the Boston Herald. 'But again, that's conjecture whether (Bibby being shopped) is true and I don't want to come off tampering. The Celtics have tried for months to get PF Othella Harrington, and are struggling at 9-15 with a broken backcourt and three potential first-round draft picks to dangle as bait. Grizz coach Sidney Lowe said Pitino's comments were out of line - 'it just sends a bad taste in the players' mouth, management, the team' - but left Bibby's status open to interpretation. 'I told Mike not to listen to what he's hearing,' said Lowe. 'I told him don't think about that, don't worry about that stuff.' Bibby has recently balked at providing the kind of hard-nosed intensity and leadership Lowe is demanding. Bibby, who will likely be difficult to re-sign when his first contract is up, does say the team needs a shakeup. 'I think we do need a change. ... you just need to go with something different,' he said, though he didn't know what that change should be. 'I've been thinking to myself, and I talked to my mom and stuff - if [trading him] is what they think is best, then that's best for the team. 'I love all the guys here, regardless of what happens. But like I say, if there needs to be a change, they're the top people in charge and it's their team.'