notes and discord

Notes:

I have dropped the igloo part of the address as my email server says
that it does not exist.  What's up with that?

Based upon my observations at the Charlotte game, I would keep Walker,
Randy Brown, and Brian Stith (sp?).  Pierce seemed to be as much a
hindrance as a help.  But he did have a brace on, so maybe he is hurt.
But, Walker seemed to really dig in on defense and Pierce did not.

We got beat on ball rotation.  The press was hardly used at all.  But
Charlotte rotated the ball until they found someone that we were failing
to guard.  Those guys made their shots.

Kenny Anderson could not guard anyone.

The refs let Charlotte get away with all kinds of hooking, shoving,
holding etc. after Pots had a hard foul on someone who had to leave the
game for a while.

AND, even if you are winning, with whiners like these spoiled children
of today, you can not win.  Brown is ready to get out of Philly and the
players are faking injuries to get out of practice:

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2000/1219/962537.html

PHILADELPHIA -- After taking a few days away from the team, 76ers coach
Larry Brown is expected to rejoin the team for Wednesday's home game
against the
Utah Jazz.

Brown missed practice Monday and Tuesday because of
what the team says is a personal matter. A Sixers
spokesman would not elaborate.

The Philadelphia Inquirer, citing several team sources,
reported Wednesday that Brown contemplated resigning
as coach and head of basketball operations over the
weekend. Brown signed a five-year contract extension last
March.

The Sixers' reported discord comes at a strange time.
Philadelphia (18-6) has the best record in the Eastern
Conference and a four-game lead over the New York
Knicks in the Atlantic Division.

Brown did meet with team owner Pat Croce and general
manager Billy King on Tuesday, sources told ESPN's David Aldridge, but
Brown
said he simply needed a break after the Sixers played seven of the past
nine on the
road.

Brown held a team meeting after Friday night's home loss to the
Mavericks,
challenging the players to adjust to the absence of point guard Eric
Snow, who's out
six to eight weeks after surgery to repair a stress fracture in his
right ankle.

The Inquirer report said that All-Star guard Allen Iverson vehemently
expressed
dismay over Brown's continuously barking at the team, accusing Brown of
treating
the team "as if they've been losing," according to one player.

Brown and Iverson have had a strained relationship for an extended
period.

When asked if Brown would retain his position as the head man, Croce
said, "Yes!
He is the VP of basketball operations, and he has full authority to make
any player
personnel decisions he deems necessary to fulfill the goal."

Reportedly, Brown is upset that some of his players are unwilling to
practice because
of questionable health reasons.

"Several players on this team have gone to the trainer and asked him to
lie to coach
Brown by telling him they're more injured than they really are, just to
avoid practice,"
one player told the Inquirer. "They know exactly who they are."

--
R. Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net