Life after Pitino

There's been talk of trades amid our falling apart, but I really think
that we've got a good team with abilities and chemistry. We just need
someone who can bring out the best in them. Pitino ain't getting it
done. We need someone else. Below are my suggestions:

1) Bring back Parish, McHale, Bird ..... like Barkley suggested
I would like to see Bird in some capacity as a GM/President (I think
he is done coaching). Red can still be Prez, maybe Bird as VP. McHale
as director of personnel (scouting and talent evaluator). Parish, big
man coach?

2) New coach
If we get Bird, I am sure he would want Rick Carlise back. I think
Chris Ford can do the job too. But my no.1 choice is PAUL SILAS. No
nonsense type, good coach in the huddle, seemed good developing young
players (Baron Davis, Eddie Robinson, Maglorie). Imagine Silas here,
everytime AW throws up a ill-advised 3, he sits on the bench. If
Pierce sulks and doesn't run back on defense, Silas strips him of his
captaincy (in the first place, he would not make Pierce co-captain).
Yeah, get SILAS, ex-celtic.

3) Keep the team intact
I think we are a good team. We just need "cosmetic" changes, not major
heart transplant. I think all we need is a good coach who can bring
out the best in them (am I repeating myself???). Really.

V can be better, throw away those weights, work on footwork and
nastiness (where has it gone after his first season here?) and a few
post moves. You will see his value in the REAL nba, where half court
defense is played (not the chicken outbreak type)

Battie can shot block and rebound. Need to learn some post moves from
the master McHale. Without the chicken outbreak, I can see Battie have
Ratcliff like reflexes.

AW has all the versatility that other coaches are drooling. (just need
some mental shakeup from Silas)

PP can further develop into a tough inside-outside player (a
team-first Kobe Bryant type)

Griffin can develop along the lines of a Stith (and Stith is
expendable, see below). He's smart.

Moiso - no use protecting him on the bench or IR. Throw him to the
wolves, let him foul out every night. At least, get a block a night.

Waltuh - all that athelitism and length is wasted on the perimeter.
Post him up all night in the paint. If he doesn't get 3 offensive
rebounds per night or he throws up a 3, make him listen to Ozzy
Osbourne until the next game.

Carr - play him, period. I don't think man to man defense is hard.
Pitino must have some OTHER issue with him. Or trade him for a clipper
second round pick. Clips would like such cheap 1 year player.

KA - I know another coach would get the better of him. Pitino's
impotent here.

Blount - why hide him when he is praised like the second coming of
Parish, during pre-season. I just don't understand what goes up there
on Pitino's head. Play him, period.

4) Trades
I would like Pitino to keep still and NOT do any trades at all. I
think he is gone, playoffs or no playoffs. But if absolutely
necessary, we should then consider below trades:

a) Stith to a contender
I think Stith has proven he's got good basketball skills and IQ this
season (isn't it a coincidence this is his contract year?) However, he
is getting 5mil per and I just don't see him getting a long term deal
with the Celtics. I think the Cs would rather spend the money on
extending Griffin, who plays similar.

He has been and is a class act (acc to the papers) and he should be
rewarded with a shot at the title with some trade to a contender (of
course I am assuming he looking for a title, not money) Maybe the
knicks, suns., lakers, heat, spurs, jazz, even the mavs can be
interested. Important thing is we must get a no. 1 pick.

b) Battie to Clippers (or some bad team)
I know I know. Batman has been playing great so why trade him? I think
if Batman continues  his good form, we should move Battie+Jazz pick
out to Clips for say Kandi (or Skinner+pick). I can see the Clips
being very interested in a bargain like Battie - 25 mil / 7year,
double double player. Seeing what happened with Krause and his cap
money, we can (and slick Rick has a role here if he is still around)
convince the clips that Battie tied up at cheap rates. Of course, I
would want to switch no. 1 picks in the deal. I can feel the
Parish/McHale draft deal all over again!!

c) Antoine Walker
Next summer, if Kruase and his cap money still fails to attract the
FAs, then AW would look mighty good in a Bulls uniform. I think if AW
keeps playing and staying focus as he is now, his value can not be any
higher.

I would do a artest or fizer + 2 no.1s (unprotected) or straight up 3
no.1s or brand + switching no.1s.

Also whenever possible, we should add our undesirables in any deals.

That's it folks. I look forward to your comments.

Cheers
kevin