Battie et al

I just watched Battie's first quarter v. Dallas.  I thought he played
very well.  Several blocks, excellent hustle, only lost his man once,
showing a good intensity.  I'm ok with that; perhaps he should be at
PF, but he's not our problem.

Walker looked very good:  great intensity, average shooting, great
rebounding, more than average mistakes.  Well, he's a player and needs
a point guard to help him.

Pierce was very good.  He always shows up v. players he's compared to.
 He's better than Nowitzki, and we need such a good offensive player.

Even VP played decently.  We just need a

Point:  with a good point guard, we could be at least .5 now.  Or .50
or .500.  All at the same time.  Keep the top picks; get a point
guard.

Overall:  our "better" bench has let us down.  Griffin has returned to
earth, Brown is still hurting; Moiso need time.  This team could be
doing a lot better.

Coming soon:  Gene is ready to see Pitino go.

Cheers,  Gene