Trades and ships and planes.

Title: Trades and ships and planes.
There are two ways to go.
   1. Trade our players with a contender, ie the Knicks who would use Pierce and/ or whoever, to  get Mutombo, while we get Camby and Houston. This will deplete the roster we have. No one will want the players we don't want, so how do we get better, trading players for players? Is Chris Childs any better than Kenny Anderson? Battie much less than Camby(who is damaged goods) and Houston is quite one-dimensional compared to Pierce. This is what we would be looking  at, trading with a contender.
   2. Trade our draft picks to a team that is out of the playoffs and wants a chance to rebuild. Here's where we could improve dramaticly. This is the kind of trade that gets us a Mobley or a Taylor or Olawakandi and Odum, for nothing, that hurts us today. What would we really be giving up? A chace to draft the next franchise center. Note the word; "chance."  These guys come along every 15 years. Russ/Wilt, Kareem/Walton, Olajuwon/Ewing, Shaq/Duncan .  What are the odds that we get the right one, even if there are one or two in this years group? Remember, none of the above came right from high school.
   My move? Let Rick push himself upstairs, O'brien coach from the bench for the rest of the season and trade those draft picks for the best two players we can get. I don't have the patience to watch another lottery thinking that "fools gold" will be the next answer.
--

Unchain My Heart!