A quote for Mark Berry

``Here's how I'm looking at things right now, and I want to say this as diplomatically as I can,'' Pitino said. ``I think the Chicago game should never have happened to this basketball team, coming off that win (over Denver). I'm very disappointed in the team in the way they should have stepped up defensively and knocked some people on their ass. I'm bothered by that. (Friday) we just got beat by a better basketball team.

``But with all that, I think right now putting Band-Aids on major hemorrhaging is not what we should do right now. I think if we can acquire more talent and do something major, we should do it. But if we're just looking to make a move for the sake of making one, I don't think we should do it.

``That's the way I look at it, and that's what I told Chris and Leo (Papile, the director of player personnel). If they can bring something that's going to make us win quicker and is better for the basketball team, then by all means bring it to me. If it's something cosmetic, don't waste anyone's time. We've made that mistake in the past, making moves that really don't mean anything.''

Wallace said, ``We're talking with teams, but there's nothing I would classify as imminent or likely.''