My 2 cents

I've been reading all this stuff about "trade Paul Pierce", etc. and I just want to say this.  Before anyone gets traded, we need a new coach - a former Celtic would be ideal, or an NBA coach - anyone who knows NBA basketball and can command the respect of these players.  I watched Ron Mercer torch the Celts the other night - and other former players have done the same thing. It's strange how they blossom once they get away from Pitino, isn't it?  He still treats these guys like they're kids - his ego is so huge he doesn't understand or try to understand that for the most part he's the problem, not the players.  They may not be a great team yet, but they have alot of potential if they're coached right.

I can only speak for myself, but if I had to play a game with that guy yelling at me the whole game long I'd go batty.  He drives me nuts just hearing him on television.  Never once have I read anywhere that he thinks he might be even partially at fault.  It just never would occur to him that his game doesn't work in today's NBA.  A former Celtic with experience as a player, not even necessarily coaching experience, would be great.  Pitino always blames the players, but he's the problem.

I've been a fan since 1955.  For the past couple of years it's been hard, I admit it.  However, being a person who believes the glass is always half full, I stuck it out in the forever hope that things would get better.  I like the players on this team and as far as I'm concerned they at least deserve the chance to try playing under a new coach who has the NBA smarts and experience to be respected by the players.  They're tuning him out.  Don't you think Antoine would play better under a new coach?  All he knows is RP.  I think he needs to play for a real NBA coach even more than some of the others, but they all need that.  What do we have to lose?
Dorine