Chicago Hopeless

I was at the FleetCenter for the game last night.  It didn't strike me as being
as bad as the rollover against Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago, but that's
about the best thing I can say about the game.  There C's seemed to have energy
but had no clue how to apply it to something meaningful on the basketball court.
 Josh said it best early in the season (it might have been pre-season): watching
the Celtics offense is like watching someone push a wheel sideways -- it's misapplied
force.  No one seems to have a clue how to fix it, and that includes the coach.

I don't think it's worth trying to divide blame between the coach and the players.
 Even if Pitino is offering the most divine basketball insights ever the players
clearly don't respond to him anymore.  I would guess Pitino's only holding on
in the hopes of negotiating some sort of contract buyout so he doesn't just
walk away from all those millions of dollars.  A few more games like this and
he'll probably give up and just leave for sanity's sake.  With a more modest
contract Gaston would have fired him weeks ago.

Same tired blather from the players in the newspapers this morning. One game
is becoming indistinguishable from the next...

Dan