Pass on Mutombo

Hello all,

I know alot of folks like the guy, but I dont think they have seen him play
this year.
He looks terrible.

He is slow, awkward, clumsy and plodding.
Quite honestly he doesnt look like he belongs in the NBA.
Someone like Potapenko is such an athlete in comparison.

I suppose he can still block a few shots, but thats about it.
He certainly wouldnt help the celts become a fast break team.

I don't think we should give up one of our best players for him.
I know alot of writers are under this illusion that youth kills teams.
It doesnt though. Kobe isnt exactly old, and Duncan wasnt old when the
spurs won it.

We need to find a way to get a good young post player.
It must done either through trades, free agency, or the draft
or maybe some combination of all three.

I don't think the Celts need a center 7'4 or however tall that guy is.
All they need is a guy who can run, rebound and block some shots.
As far as an offense game goes..they don't even need that..just long as they
aren't a total clutz.  A Theo Ratliff fits the bill.

And to be honest Battie is playing very well.

Its the point guard postion thats killing us. Herren wasn't playing well,
thats for
sure. It will be nice when Anderson comes back.

Pete