Re: Screwed!!

I have a foot in both camps with this argument. Personally I'd like to
optimistic about the prospects of the current C's. However, I am also old
enough to remember when this team used to be respected around the league.
While a lot of things have changed in the league in the last ten years, this
team has gone from mediocre to miserably bad and now somewhere in between. I
simply can't accept mediocrity, and while I don't expect a championship to
happen overnight, I think ten years is enough time to not even be on the
fringe of being a contender.

My personal preference would be to clean house again, and if this means
trading our so-called biggest assets to entice someone to take our cap
filling scrubs....I'm all for it. Neither Walker or Pierce are even close to
being considered part of the elite of the NBA. They're just simply the best
players we have on a mediocre team. I liked Walker's first two seasons in
the league, but since his All-Star selection, he hasn't even been a shadow
of what he was (especially in year 2).

Personally I don't even have that much of a problem with Pitino. As I've
said before, when he ran the Knicks his coaching stood for itself. As for
his GM (dis)ability, outside of a couple of dodgy deals (ie; Travis Knight,
Wallah), I just think his loyalty to his boy, Antoine has been his undoing.
Should have traded him while he could as far as I'm concerned.

Just my 2 pence....

Simon
Ulcerate - Dark Alternative project
listen in at http://mp3.com/ulcerate