Saving draft picks for 2001?

The idea of saving draft picks as we look ahead to 2001 is just a pile of
crap. "Maybe next year," has become a crutch for what has become a failure
of an organization. Pitino has had numerous opportunities to improve this
team through drafts and trades and free agent signings. It's this year, not
2001, 2002, 2003..."If we can only clear up cap space for Duncan." This guy
has to be packaging those draft picks with a player, any player, for more
talent. Has to be!

But,....perhaps the guy is just a major screw up who's been confused,
wrong, and has had his head up his ass from day one. Maybe he's been in way
over his head from the moment he signed his contract. Maybe this team has
had the talent to compete but Ricky has just screwed up big time. Maybe
he's totally incapable of winning at this level. Has he done anything yet
to prove he's not just a total screw up?

Paul M.