Re: Baker again?

>It just seems that, every time there's controversy or conflict in
>regards to Walker, talk of trading him is sure to follow.  Just like
>every time Pitino says something controversial there's talk of
>"firing" him.  Only my opinion, of course.  Don't break your stride
>if you don't have a mind to.

I think Seattle would love to move Baker for Walker. I think it would be
disastrous for the Celtics, but I'm pretty cranky this morning, so who
knows. Concerning all the trade talk in the wake of yesterday's outburst,
if Ricky has been trying to trade him all summer, and I see no reason why
Walker's agent would make that up - I assume Walker's agent has been
keeping him informed - I don't know why it should suddenly stop now. This
has been an issue for a couple of years at least. Pitino and Walker have
seemingly been bickering forever. If this were Walker vs. Phil Jackson I'd
feel a lot better about shipping Antoine off. But in Pitino we have one of
the most active gm's in the league who happens to also be one of the
biggest failures, and apparently one of the most brilliant coaching minds
who can't seem to figure out if he wants to run/press, or slow it down. How
many years has he been here now? I think Alex said it best a few days ago.
If Pitino wants to win, if he doesn't want to be considered a miserable
failure his second time around in the NBA, and that's exactly what he is at
this point, if he wants to redeem his reputation as a genius, and I think
that's the reason he's staying, then he has to go down giving it his best
shot. He has to acquire as many thoroughbreds as possible to run all day
long, and I think he has to get rid of any distractions. Unfortunately, in
Pitinoworld, Antoine's a distraction. We'll see what happens. What do you
think Antoine and VP would get him?

Paul M.