Re: Holley's defenders

In a message dated 08/25/2000 4:17:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mdizio@rcn.com writes:

> Walker could own me and all but
>  the  fringes of Celtic fandom if he at least looked like he took his
>  position as our highest paid player seriously.

Well spoken.  We fans enjoy our games, but we really feel validated when
someone on "our team" rises above it all to excel as a player and as a human
being.  I don't live in Boston any more, but from what I read, Mo Vaughn was
adored in Boston for being a star and a good person, albeit flawed.  Michael
Jordan was a star and had a certain pizzazz that made him a demigod.  And we
success-starved Celtic fans WANT to crown Antoine as our hero and savior, but
he just doesn't seem to want to come to the ceremony ...