Holley's defenders

Cecil and the other writers who dismissed Holley's column as pure ploys
for selling papers are probably right. In a country that falls all over
itself for months on end to report on the Presidents' sex life, I
suppose we can't ask for more than Holley's weak effort at puffing up
his inside source on the team.

What I am objecting to, is people taking my money, (Antoine,
Pitino,Holley) and giving me excuses and hype instead of the truth and
results.

 I guess 71 million has bought us a coach as well as a player in
Antoine, because his knowledge of how to improve as a basketball  player
is clearly superior to the Celtics' braintrust's ideas. I'm sure
everyone has noticed how much Antoine has improved every year using his
own methods instead of the teams' strength and conditioning guidelines.

I'm sure when Antoine's in the last year of his contract, (wherever he
is) we will again have the benefit of Holley's keen insight as he tells
us how the "new Antoine" is coming in to camp in shape , working all
summer on his agility etc.

Holley's article simply triggered the resentment of people like myself
who expect our "stars' to have some small measure of dedication  and not
insult us with their blase' attitudes. Walker could own me and all but
the  fringes of Celtic fandom if he at least looked like he took his
position as our highest paid player seriously.

Me, Me, Me. Why isn't he talking about his burning desire to improve,
the teams chances if everyone comes to camp with a purpose etc. No, we
get none of that , just pampered millionaire whining , aided and abetted
by  Mr Journalism himself.

Michael A. DiZio